Anne and Phil

Anne and Phil

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Rest Day: Spice Masterclass

Today had a lazy start with an 08:30 breakfast and a 10:15 muster for a trip to a spice garden. What an amazingly educational 90 minutes we spent there! It was an exceptionally good tour. This, inevitably, ended with a spice spend-fest in the shop which is clearly where they make their money. Whatever, it was worth it. This was followed by a brief stop-off to see some elephants. I could have done without this. Anne and I, and several others, were quite uncomfortable with the conditions they were held in and several were clearly exhibiting stress behaviours (the elephants, that is). We had an excellent lunch including spiced Kingfish (no, not Kingfisher) in a local restaurant where we watched them making tandoori kebabs then Anne went walkabout through the local shops in the town (bought dress and scarf). I, with others, opted for the bus back to the hotel. I was starting to feel that I'd been on my feet too long and needed a sit down. Sightseeing on crutches is a pain! Literally and metaphorically. Then mood took a dive when I had an email from the travel insurance saying that I need a doctor's fit-to-fly certificate before they could arrange assisted boarding. This could all go horribly wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment