Anne and Phil

Anne and Phil

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Houseboat Cruise? No, Hospital For FTF!

Shame on me for doubting the efficiency of the travel insurers and their agent. As we are now in tourist India things happen more reliably. The taxi arrived 10 minutes ahead of the agreed time and Anne and I were whisked off to the KIMS Hospital we'd driven past yesterday.  We were welcomed and warned that the doctor was in theatre and would be delayed, but after all, we had no appointment and were a shoe-in within the day's normal activities so couldn't complain.  I had to stifle a giggle as I noticed the welcoming mural shown in the photo.  What NHS hospital would broadcast that message!!  Eventually we were seen by the epically named Dr Ricky Raj Thomas who after a chat and a check of my earlier X-rays happily gave me what I'd come for: a Fit To Fly certificate, without which I couldn't go home!  I was keen for him not to examine me, but take my word that I was mobile enough to make the journey.  No point in him finding anything else at this point. (The cough I was suppressing was NOT Covid-19!!). Clutching my get-out-of-jail card tightly, we headed for the exit where our taxi driver had been waiting for 3hours and returned to the hotel. Of course we had both missed the Backwaters boat tour with lunch on the houseboat, but that was a small price to pay for the relief of being able to go home.  We compensated by taking the hour long free sunset boat trip from the hotel into the bay.  We thought it would be a peaceful cruise until a coach load of Italian seniors pitched up and deafened us with the collective behaviours of a bunch of French teenage school kids.  Ho-hum. At least we'd achieved our main objective for the day. 







Sent from my iPad Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment