Anne and Phil

Anne and Phil

Thursday 27 February 2020

Epilogue

It's now 27th Feb.  I've seen my GP and checked out ok.  I've had a full assessment at the physio and now have a set of dos and don'ts, exercises, and a follow-up next week. It'll just be a gradual soft tissue healing and muscle mass rebuild.  And now, with my chesty cough gradually improving, Anne is in bed unable to move without risking throwing up. Yep, a holiday to remember.

Finally : a massive, massive thanks to Anne for fetching and carrying for me, for tolerating my gasps, shrieks and general helplessness especially early on.  And to Erica the tandem stoker, my medic-on-scene who took charge at the time of the crash and kept a wary eye on me afterwards.  And to the rest of the group for their practical and psychological support, for rescuing my bike and generally for being such a great bunch of people. And of course for the help and support of the Indian support crew who were brilliant throughout. But special thanks go to Jomy, my driver, my shadow, my entertainer, my physical support, my security detail and my friend who looked out for me constantly. Thank you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment